What's New - NEO Find 3.0 Build 3040 / 3041 - 28 April 2017
||Applies to NEO Find 3.0
This describes the changes in the following release:
Version: 3.0 Build 3040 (x86 for 32 bit Outlook)
Version: 3.0 Build 3041 (x64 for 64 bit Outlook)
Released: 28 April 2017
For a listing of what is changed in this build version, please see
NEO Find 3 is now completed based on the same technology as NEO Pro 7 making it fully compatible with latest Windows Operating Systems, latest Office versions and is now available for both 32 bit and 64 bit Outlook.
New functionalities for NEO Pro will more naturally migrate to NEO Find whenever within the scope of the NEO Find product features.
Introduction of Btrieve 12:
NEO Find 3 also marks the changeover from the old Btrieve 6.15 database engine for NEO's catalog to the latest Btrieve 12. Btrieve 12 is fully compatible with all latest Operating Systems and newest hardware features. It comes with auto reconnect, improved concurrent file use, wire encryption, improved stability and a lot more making NEO Find ready for the next decade.
Btrieve 12 comes with its own license which needs to be authorized to use Btrieve 12 or to deauthorized to move to another machine - this will be managed completely by NEO Find through activating/deactivating the NEO Find license. However, this makes the process of 'deactivating' the NEO Find license even more important if NEO Find is to be used on another machine.
At any time, the Btrieve 12 license can also be manually deauthorized through the Btrieve 12 License Administrator utility which is available in the regular program list after installation of NEO Find 3.
What's new in this build 3040/3041:
New Features for NEO Find 3
- When in Outlook you can now switch to NEO Find using keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N (even if NEO Find is minimized and hidden in the system tray) - if NEO Find isn't running, this shortcut will start NEO Find. From NEO Find to Outlook you can use (i.a.) the already existing keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1 (jump to Outlook mail) or Ctrl+2 (jump to Outlook calendar).
- Latest Outlook updates prevented NEO Find from opening.
- NEO Find 3 didn't always close with Outlook when configured as such under options.
- When closing NEO Find a Btrieve warning occasionally showed.
Additional information on this release
NEO Find 3.0 release history (build 3xx0 for x86 (32 bit) Outlook / build 3xx1 for x64 (64 bit) Outlook)
- NEO Find 3.0 Build 301x (4 April 2017) - first release
- T1225 - What's New - NEO Find 3.0 Build 301x (4 April 2017)
- T1226 - What's New - NEO Find 3.0 Build 302x (14 April 2017)
Last updated: 28 April 2017